My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Writer/Curator/Founder of The Autism Acceptance Project. Contributing Author to Between Interruptions: Thirty Women Tell the Truth About Motherhood, and Concepts of Normality by Wendy Lawson, and soon to be published Gravity Pulls You In. Writing my own book. Lecturer on autism and the media and parenting. Current graduate student Critical Disability Studies and most importantly, mother of Adam -- a new and emerging writer.

“There is no hope unmingled with fear, and no fear unmingled with hope.” -- Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, September 04, 2008

 

Back At It


After enjoying a summer with Adam, we are both back at school. Adam has started grade one and I grad school in Critical Disability Studies at York University. We are both busy and happy and man, our plates are deliciously full. I find it hard to complain about being too busy after being in the hospital for ANY length of time!

Henry announced today at a UJA function that I am working on an inclusion initiative with some other very active people in our disability community. I know I keep mentioning it, but I will provide you the first ad next week, I hope.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE this picture!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Larry Arnold PhD FRSA said...

Critical Disability studies eh.

There's a co-incidence I have just come back from the Disabilities Studies Associations biennual bash at Lancaster Uni where they are starting up there very own research centre.

I was told to be nice to the VC and not heckle him about the Lancaster Six cos they wanted the money.

You will have to read French and Corkers post modern deconstruction of it all, naturally, it was the time the word neurodiversity appeared in print outside the internet.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Larry Arnold PhD FRSA said...

Just realised the ambiguity of that phrase, French and Corkers book, disability discourses came out around 10 years ago, too early to deconstruct my not heckling the VC's opening speech.

4:04 PM  
Blogger groovyteach said...

God bless you for a great summer and beginning of a new school year.

10:49 PM  
Blogger kristina said...

I can feel the happiness and, yes, joy in your photo! On to great things for both of you!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home