My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Writer/Curator/Founder of The Autism Acceptance Project. Contributing Author to Between Interruptions: Thirty Women Tell the Truth About Motherhood, and Concepts of Normality by Wendy Lawson, and soon to be published Gravity Pulls You In. Writing my own book. Lecturer on autism and the media and parenting. Current graduate student Critical Disability Studies and most importantly, mother of Adam -- a new and emerging writer.

“There is no hope unmingled with fear, and no fear unmingled with hope.” -- Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, November 08, 2007

 

Dance to the Autism Beat

Adam is drumming to his own beat, and I am tapping my feet to the beat of these people:



Message from the You Tube poster: This band was formed by autistics since 1991. They are living in Taiwan and had won many awards. Please kindly give your comments to encourage them. Thank you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

I love this song. I wish the song was on iTunes. I found a version that might have been amateur Karaoke singers singing it, or maybe it was the original version with a vocalist. It wasn't as pretty as this one with the percussionists.

It's an amazing arrangement and their performance was perfect, in my opinion. The audience seemed to appreciate them, too.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Casdok said...

Wonderful!

1:20 PM  
Blogger michele_k said...

My daughter and I watched this and we love it. My son isn't home but I can't wait to show him.

10:15 PM  
Blogger yukonautomom said...

My son and I watched this video over and over one night. We loved it, and the percussion was beautiful.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home