My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Writer/Curator/Founder of The Autism Acceptance Project. Contributing Author to Between Interruptions: Thirty Women Tell the Truth About Motherhood, and Concepts of Normality by Wendy Lawson, and soon to be published Gravity Pulls You In. Writing my own book. Lecturer on autism and the media and parenting. Current graduate student Critical Disability Studies and most importantly, mother of Adam -- a new and emerging writer.

“There is no hope unmingled with fear, and no fear unmingled with hope.” -- Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, September 02, 2007

 

Between Interruptions -- My First Review

Yesterday, my mother (yes my mom -- she is more vigilant than I am about finding these things), found my first book review for Between Interruptions where my contribution was also reviewed.

"Estee Klar-Wolfond writes eloquently about her autistic son, Adam, in The Perfect Child. 'There is no other normal but the normal we create for ourselves,' she says -- and we believe her."

While The Perfect Child reflects how I feel about Adam and how we have come to find our own perfection, I hope to continue to convey our journey honestly, and perhaps a little provocatively, as I write on. A journey is made up of bumps, falls and epiphanies after all, and maybe, just maybe, it might mean something to someone else at the end of the day.

You can purchase Between Interruptions from Amazon.com.

6 Comments:

Blogger jypsy said...

Did you catch The Current last Monday?

http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/2007/200708/20070827.html

"So how seriously should we take this genre ("Mommy Lit") if that's indeed what it is and the political messages it may or may not contain? Leanne Delap is a mother of two and a contributor to a new anthology called Between Interruptions: Thirty Women Tell the Truth About Motherhood. She's also a fashion writer and columnist for The Globe and Mail. She was in our Toronto studio."

Podcast

6:36 AM  
Blogger Estee Klar-Wolfond said...

Hi Jypsy,

No, I didn't catch it so thank you for sending it my way.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would definitely like to read your book. i will put it on my list!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your right, every child is perfect!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Gwyn said...

You deserved every word of praise. Your essay was very moving.

Jen Lawrence (I wrote the Unhinged piece)

9:14 PM  
Blogger Estee Klar-Wolfond said...

Thanks, Jen! Your piece was excellent.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home