My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Writer/Curator/Founder of The Autism Acceptance Project. Contributing Author to Between Interruptions: Thirty Women Tell the Truth About Motherhood, and Concepts of Normality by Wendy Lawson, and soon to be published Gravity Pulls You In. Writing my own book. Lecturer on autism and the media and parenting. Current graduate student Critical Disability Studies and most importantly, mother of Adam -- a new and emerging writer.

“There is no hope unmingled with fear, and no fear unmingled with hope.” -- Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, June 24, 2007

 

Joys of autism expressed by other parents

You know, I don't get to everything as quickly as I should, so I was quite surprised when I came across this today on About.com by Lisa Jo-Rudy: The Joy of Autism: A Mother's Day Gift. I hope it encourages everyone every day.

After reading it, read the post just beneath on happiness.

Have an enlightened day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, and thanks for the link! I am hoping to continue adding to that collection of "appreciations" over time... got dozens just before Christmas, so I'll try again this year.

One of the nicest things about people's responses has been that they're not just from parents. There are notes from siblings, aunts and uncles, grandparents, and lovers.

Cheers,

Lisa
(autism.about.com)

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I was wondering if you might have had pleurisy. I used to get it a lot in grad school, usually just after a minor cold or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleurisy

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home