My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Writer/Curator/Founder of The Autism Acceptance Project. Contributing Author to Between Interruptions: Thirty Women Tell the Truth About Motherhood, and Concepts of Normality by Wendy Lawson, and soon to be published Gravity Pulls You In. Writing my own book. Lecturer on autism and the media and parenting. Current graduate student Critical Disability Studies and most importantly, mother of Adam -- a new and emerging writer.

“There is no hope unmingled with fear, and no fear unmingled with hope.” -- Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

 

She Speaks For Herself

When I was curating the exhibition this year, I considered doing a type of virtual reality room, with autistic people designing sensory types of areas so the "language" of autism could be experienced by those who do "not speak" autistic. I still think it could be an interesting project, with contributions like the one below.

When I saw this video recently, I thought it was brilliantly executed -- bridging that ever imaginary divide between what we believe autism to be and what is. In My Language is not only intelligent, it is beautiful to watch.

In My Language

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I linked this incorrectly, [apologies] but someone has very kindly pointed out my error and cyberspacily corrected it for me on my website.
Best wishes

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice post!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home