My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Writer/Curator/Founder of The Autism Acceptance Project. Contributing Author to Between Interruptions: Thirty Women Tell the Truth About Motherhood, and Concepts of Normality by Wendy Lawson, and soon to be published Gravity Pulls You In. Writing my own book. Lecturer on autism and the media and parenting. Current graduate student Critical Disability Studies and most importantly, mother of Adam -- a new and emerging writer.

“There is no hope unmingled with fear, and no fear unmingled with hope.” -- Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

 

The New Member of Our Family

  Posted by Picasa

Meet Kiki, our new puppy...born today...the breeder just sent us a photo of her. Finally, Henry has bitten the bullet and allowed us to get one for Adam. As an only-child myself, I am ecstactic for Adam. I grew up with three dogs (at different points of my life) in my grandparent's home. I took care of them whole summers, saw them every weekend. While I know I will have a new "baby" to take care for the next thirteen years, I cannot be happier.

This makes me think of all that Adam has given me, including the courage to get a dog of our own. I think now of the lines my recent favourite children's book, You Are My I Love You, by Maryann Cusimano:

"I am your favorite book
you are my new lines
I am your night-light
you are my starshine

I am your lullaby
you are my peekaboo

I am your goodnight kiss
you are my I love you."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwww! Puppies are the best things in the world... well, almost.

Is it a black lab? I'm happy for Adam. I looooooooove dogs.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw! so sweet! how lovely for you. our puppy is 7 months. having grown up with siblings, i so wanted that for fluffy. but beegu (the pup) is the closest thing he'll get to one. i hope they'll mean the world to each other as time goes by.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Random Mom said...

Puppy smell is almost as sweet as new baby smell.
Congratulations on the new baby girl!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Great picture.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home