My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Writer/Curator/Founder of The Autism Acceptance Project. Contributing Author to Between Interruptions: Thirty Women Tell the Truth About Motherhood, and Concepts of Normality by Wendy Lawson, and soon to be published Gravity Pulls You In. Writing my own book. Lecturer on autism and the media and parenting. Current graduate student Critical Disability Studies and most importantly, mother of Adam -- a new and emerging writer.

“There is no hope unmingled with fear, and no fear unmingled with hope.” -- Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, March 30, 2006

 

Gone Golfing

My husband thought it would be a good zen-like experience for me -- the worker-bee who never quits.

I may just go crazy, or maybe I'll have an epiphany through the arch of my swing, or the simple sweet chirp of a bird. Who knows. In the meantime, great dialogue happening over Open Arms post (see previous entry), everyone...thanks. So much to ponder over regarding support for parents in the mire of mixed messages and misinformation.

I also want to make an autism blogger-oath -- someone pointed out to me that Acceptance Therapy I spoke of in previous post is also controversial. So, whenever I mention something that I have not researched, I will say so, so that no-one suspects I am actually promoting it. If I do promote something, I will research it.

Fore!

2 Comments:

Blogger abfh said...

Have fun!

:-)

12:39 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I've never actually golfed but I used to love going to the driving range to hit a bucket. A great stress reliever! Unfortunately, with four children, I never get to do it anymore. Maybe in the future.

Enjoy!

Your now-out-of-the-closet mom anom (see email)

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home